COVID UPDATE: We have had to limit in-person participation for some of our service programs. This is what serving at Augustana looks like during “normal” times.
Servant Teams work on many different projects.
- Advocacy leads the congregation to advocate for justice and peace issue (ex. gender rights, gun safety).
- Care of Creation provides education and activities to promote care of the environment.
- College Ministry sends messages and care packages to college students and military personnel.
- Communion is supported by bread bakers and communion preparation teams.
- Habitat for Humanity works on building low income housing.
- Health Ministry develops and supports a health and healing ministry.
- Home Communion administers communion to those who are unable to get to church.
- Hospitality provides refreshments and help for funerals and special events.
- Moses Movers assists people in crisis who need help with moving, and also moves food for the NE Emergency Food Bank.
- Music Ministry enhances the services with two adult choirs, a children’s choir, and special music.
- Parents Group plans activities for children and families.
- Sanctuary Arts prepares the sanctuary for worship.
- Tech Team mixes music and streams services and events.
- Worship Assistants support and enhance the worship service.
Augustana members also are involved in many other community-based service organizations.
Standing Committees oversee the work of the church in the following areas:
- Christian Education
- Social Justice
- Worship & Music
For information regarding serving on Servant Teams or Standing Committees, contact firstname.lastname@example.org